Yard Maintenance - Sublette, KS
The Yard Maintenance team ensures and maintains the overall functionality of the feedyard. Yard Maintenance ensures the day to day maintenance and repair of the entire feedyard facility. They will work closely with the Yard Maintenance Manager to identify and develop a maintenance schedule to support working best practices that promote preventative maintenance practices. Yard Maintenance works closely with all feedyard departments, as an individual and as a team member, to establish the highest quality care and maintenance of the feedyard to ensure the welfare of livestock while contributing to the overall success of the feedyard team.
Roles and Tasks
- Responsible for feedyard layout and the construction of yard construction and improvements
- Perform the repair and maintenance of watering systems, fences, equipment maintenance, yard signage, vehicle maintenance
- Continual observance and adherence of all safety policies and procedures
- Promote, support, and participate in all company policies, procedures and programs
- Other duties and job assignments are necessary for feedyard effectiveness
- Maintains and repairs road surfaces, bunk pads, pens and alleys by filling in holes, and removing accumulated waste and debris.
- Ensures the operation of equipment by recording and completing servicing requirements specified by equipment need and yard maintenance schedule to establish procedures that support preventative maintenance practices, including: fueling, checking fluid levels, checking filters, greasing, and cleaning equipment.
- Identifies and communicates with the Yard Maintenance Manager all maintenance and general cleanliness associated with the proper function of the yard.
Minimum Experience Required:
- One Year maintenance experience, feedyard experience a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Moving machinery, industrial equipment, vehicular and livestock traffic
- Physical Requirements Include: standing, walking, lifting, bending, kneeling, shoveling, and operating equipment and heavy machinery.
- Considerable exposure to weather such as: rain, sleet, snow, hail, heat, cold, wind, and dust
- Daily close proximity to livestock
- Occasional physical exertion during administration of medical attention
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.