Assistant Manager - Bovina
The Assistant Manager supports with daily operations of all feedyard functions. They work in conjunction with the Feedyard Manager to meet and exceed the operational standards set by company leadership. They provide knowledge and support for herd nutrition, marketing, employee development, and environmental conditions for livestock in the feedyard.
Roles and Tasks
- Support the routine care and feeding of beef cattle kept in the feedlot Ensure profitable operations of the feedlot to optimize feeding parameters
- Work with Human Resources to hire, organize, and supervise key personnel to ensure efficient and productive organizational systems, including yearly performance feedback.
- In conjunction with the Feedyard Manager serve as the feedyard liaison, corporate-to-location to support and communicate new technologies, processes & procedures, health & safety, and best practices to achieve business goals and company programs
- Assist with the operations associated with mill, yard, office, feed delivery, and cattle operation for efficiency to develop and support best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that proper husbandry techniques and feeding programs are in place to promote optimal growth for each animal in the herd
- Support feedlot, appropriate safety standards and relations with employees, suppliers and customers
- Assist with preparing short- and long-term operational plans supportive to the feedlot in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Monitor and report any financial or operations irregularities
- Assist with preparation, monitoring, and approving budget and report operational and capital expenditure
- Report of weekly and monthly feedlot performance
- Manage mill, yard, office, delivery, and cattle operations to ensure efficiency, quality practices.
- Repair and maintain equipment and structures such as stock water, yards, buildings etc.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are maintained and that the working environment is clean, tidy and hygienic for all employees
- Establish and maintain proper pen stocking to maximize feedyard efficiency
- Coordinate nutritional and veterinary guidelines to ensure compliance with animal health and welfare requirements
- Support efficient expenditure of allocated funds to ensure accurate inventories and financial reporting
- Ensure security of all assets including land, livestock and inventories
- Establish and manage customer relationships, community, and personnel relations
- Adhere to HR policies and best practices
Bachelors degree in Agriculture preferred, equivalent experience considered
Specific Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience in production animal settings, general farm labor.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good reasoning, conflict-management, and analytical and problem-solving skills
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.