Feed Truck Driver - Bovina
General Description / Objective
The Friona Feed Truck Driver is an essential part of a team that is directly engaged in the care and feed management of livestock of the feedyard facility. They are directly responsible for their individual safety by adhering to feedyard safety policies and procedures.
The Feed Truck Driver adds value and quality services to the Feed Delivery Department by ensuring safe, and quality feed delivery processes in a timely manner. Successful candidates are highly participative, team orientated, and have high levels of communication.
Roles and Tasks
- Ensures correct and timely ration placement
- Maintains accurate ration records and reporting documentation
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, and overall operational integrity of equipment used
- Continual observation of cattle and surroundings to report any issues
- Participates in the maintenance and cleanliness of bunks before and after inclement weather
- Continual observation and adherence of safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with head bunk reader regarding current and potential opportunities for improvement
- The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- 1 Year of relevant experience
- Experience with meeting scheduling expectations
- Comfort with fast-paced environment
- Familiar with industry regulations and guidelines
Special Conditions / Requirements:
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take direction from multiple team members
- A genuine concern for fellow team members
- Needs to be able to lift 30 lbs.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Long-term sitting, driving, some lifting, and shoveling
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access feed truck
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
- Moving machinery
- Extreme weather conditions such as rain, sleet, snow, hair, heat, cold, wind, dust, etc.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.