Mill Manager - Friona
The Mill Manager supervises and coordinates the activities of team members engaged in the care of the feed mill at the Feedyard facility. Adheres to safety policies, responsible for expense management and Beef Quality Assurance Handling Guidelines.
The Mill Manager adds value and quality services to the Mill Department by ensuring safe, and quality feed processes in a timely manner. Successful candidate should be highly participative, team orientated, and have high levels of communication.
Roles and Tasks
- Manage a team of 4-6 individuals, monitoring all mill task
- Manage controls and scales to produce a consistent, top quality ration per the Nutritionist guidelines.
- Maintain necessary records to ensure proper physical inventory into the ration
- Schedule ration flow with feeders to provide maximum efficiency and minimum carryover of finished ration
- Know location of all mill machinery, schedules production and maintenance of all equipment
- Perform housekeeping duties to maintain a clean working environment to ensure a safe working environment
- Continual observation and adherence of safety policies and procedures
- Maintains inventory at desired levels
- Fulfills all reporting and record keeping requirements
- The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or agriculture related field.
- Prefer at least three (1-3) years working with animal production.
- Experience in lieu of education considered.
- Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
- Experience with scheduling
- Excellent written a verbal communication skill
- Comfort with fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
- Able to lead and create a safe environment
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.